Hui Ming has over 26 years of experience in the area of real estate, banking and finance. She regularly handles the disposal, acquisition and lease transactions for both residential, commercial and industrial properties alike, on behalf of individuals and corporations. She also tackles issues and complexities arising from the acquisition, disposal and leasing of properties in Malaysia by local and foreign individuals and corporations.
Hui Ming is actively involved in the financing of such transactions, acting for both banks and borrowers in conventional and Islamic banking. She has reviewed and revised the template loan agreement for residential mortgages below RM500,000.00 so as to meet the need for “plain English drafting” and this is to be utilised by all banks in Malaysia.
She also advises clients on general corporate commercial and regulatory matters. She is regularly called upon to manage concerns relating to amongst others, tenancy agreements, leases and property management.
Hui Ming also leads the Firm’s corporate secretarial practice where she oversees a team of company secretaries that assist clients on corporate secretarial matters and the incorporation of business entities upon entry into Malaysia.
Sale and Purchase
- Acted for vendor in the sale of a block of residential apartments in Tower 1, Pavilion Residences and acted for the financial institutions, individuals and corporations in the financing of such transactions.
- Acted for developer in the sale of the serviced apartments, Somerset Puteri Harbour Serviced Residence in Puteri Harbour, Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia and acted for the financial institutions, individuals and corporations in the financing such transactions.
- Acted for Howco Metals Management Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation in their acquisition of a piece of industrial land Setia Business Park, together with a factory to be constructed thereon.
- Acted for Singapore corporations in the sale and purchase of Malaysian properties.
- Acted for a Japanese controlled Singapore corporation in its acquisition of six (6) properties in Malaysia.
- Acted for a Malaysian company in its disposal of an industrial warehouse and office building in Penang.
- Acted for a Malaysian company in the sale and lease back of several pieces of land with training and educational facilities, located inter alia, in Kota Bahru, Kelantan and Kuching, Sarawak.
- Acted for a Malaysian foundation in its purchase of an office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Acted for a trust company in its purchase of properties in Kuala Lumpur, in its capacity as trustee acting for and on behalf of several individuals.
- Acted for executors in the disposal of properties by the estates of several deceased individuals.
- Represented a Malaysian manufacturer of rubber products in connection to the purchase of an approximately MYR 22.6 million factory lot at the i-Park Senai Airport City located in the southern state of Malaysia, Johor, for the expansion of their production facility.
- Advised a subsidiary of a public company listed on the main market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in connection to the purchase of an approximately MYR 1.2 million piece of land located in the northeast state of Malaysia, Terengganu for the construction and expansion of their chemical and storing facility.
- Represented an aquaculture business specialised in outdoor cage system fish farming based in Malaysia in connection to the purchase of an approximately MYR 3.8 million piece of land located in the northwest island of Malaysia, Langkawi, for the construction and expansion of their fish farm.
- Advised on the purchase of an approximately MYR 1.85 million property and building in the Malaysian state Selangor Darul Ehsan.
- Advised on the purchase of an industrial factory for MYR 4.6 million in the Malaysian state, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
- Represented an Islamic Bank with regards their sale of four (4) high-rise luxurious service residences to local and foreign purchasers.
- Represented a foreign individual from Indonesia with regards to the purchase of an approximately MYR 1.95 million worth of a strata title to a high-rise service residence from a Malaysian resident.
- Acted for a Malaysian Company in their disposal of a piece of vacant industrial land worth MYR8.1 million.
Tenancy Agreements and Leases
- Represented the Malaysian subsidiary of an American international industrial service company and one of the world's largest oil field services companies in connection to their tenancy agreement with regards to their office space rental in an office building located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Their HQ in the U.S. were not able to reach a consensus with the Landlord after many rounds of negotiations. We advised and assisted the client to reach a fair and acceptable consensus.
- Advised one of the fastest growing international women’s fashion & apparel brands in Asia in relation to their tenancy agreements for their business space across multiple malls in Malaysia, marking the client’s next phase of brick and mortar stores set to launch and open its doors to the Malaysian consumers in mid-2020.
- Represented the Malaysian subsidiary of an American medical equipment company and a world leading company in connected health solutions for sleep apnea, lung disease, and other chronic diseases, in connection to their tenancy agreement with regards to their office space rental in a Grade A office building located within the integrated development of Mid Valley City Malaysia.
- Advised the Malaysian subsidiary of a global leader in the science of heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring in connection to the setting up of a new regional business service centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Our advice and assistance, amongst others, included drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the various agreements such as the Tenancy Agreement, and conducted a thorough due diligence on the property and various contracts in favour of the client.
- Advised the Malaysian arm of a global leading offshore rig design, construction and repair, ship repair and conversion, and specialised shipbuilding company, in relation to 2 tenancy agreements with regards to their office space in a new integrated mixed development project helmed by a Malaysian public-listed property development and infrastructure company.
- Acted for a multinational corporation in its rental of a shoplot in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur Mall.
- Acted for corporate tenants in their tenancies of retail outlets within the IOI City Mall and office spaces within the Klang Valley.
- Acted for a Malaysian company in its lease of land at an industrial complex in Johor Bahru from a Malaysian authority.
- Acted for the landlord, who is the owner of a Shopping Mall in Sandakan in respect of tenancies of its retail outlets to tenants, both individuals and corporations.
Banking & Finance
- Acting as Malaysian external counsel for the Lender, one of the leading Singapore multinational bank, in respect of the discharge of all securities, land charges and guarantee given in support of the borrowing granted to Malaysian companies.
- Acting for a Malaysian universal bank in respect of the discharge of securities and substitution of additional securities to secure an existing Overdraft of MYR 500,000 and Revolving Credit of MYR 2 million granted to a Malaysian engineering consultancy company.
- Acting for a Real Property Management company in respect of the perfection of transfers, perfection of bank charges, renewal of foreigner's consent and relevant application to the land authority for the change of foreign purchaser's citizenship in connection with 65 units of service apartments from its property in Johor Bahru.
- Acted for one of the largest global banking and financial service providers in attending to the execution of financing agreements, conducting verification checks on the security parties and guarantors in connection with corporate financing granted to various companies.
Memberships / Directorships
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, Kuala Lumpur Bar